DIRECT 4WD - TAG-ALONG TOUR PACKAGES
Plenty Lakes - Northern Territory
DIRECT 4WD - TOURS IN THE AUSTRALIAN OUTBACK
Jol Fleming, at Direct 4WD leads tag-along tours into the Australian Outback to destinations such as
- Simpson Desert, Colson Track, Madigan Line, Birdsville
- Hay River, Plenty River, Batton Hill, Bedourie
- Oodnadatta, Lake Eyre
- Canning Stock Route, Tanami Track
- ..........and any track you can or cannot think of
To see Jol's trip timetable, please visit Direct 4WD
CAN I TAKE A CAMPER TRAILER
With the ever-growing popularity of ‘camper and off-road’ trailers a very common question asked by most owners is “Can I take my camper”, this question is usually answered, 'NO', but I say ‘YES’.
Like most things, there is a certain set of criteria to be adhered to. If you are going to take a trailer 'bush' here is a list I have prepared that has helped me in doing so.
- How much ‘stuff’ is going to put in the trailer - meaning how heavy is it going to be?
- Secondly what vehicle are you going to tow it with?
- How much extra fuel is required when towing the trailer?
- Thirdly I consider the weight distributed between the car and trailer, better than having all your eggs in one basket, so to speak, with all the weight in the car.
I have successfully towed a camper trailer through the desert on numerous occasions including mud, large and small sand hills, and even cross-country.
« Go Back